Design Exchange offers engaging fashion and design-based camps for young designers ages 6-14 throughout March Break and summer. Conveniently located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, the former Toronto Stock Exchange building offers a unique and inspired setting for these specialized camp sessions. A qualified team of instructors and senior camp staff lead the programs.
Camp hours are from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., with complimentary before-care beginning at 8:30 a.m.. Extended care is available from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at a cost of $10/day. Session fees include all materials, snacks and applicable taxes. Young designers are asked to bring their own nut-free lunch and snack each day.
Summer Camp Highlights
Home Sweet Home: Ages 7-10
- Exploring the architecture and design of the spaces humans, animals, and insects call home, this session allows campers to build model homes and sculptures inspired by the natural world.
Style Rookie: Ages 9-12
- Perfect for beginners – and challenging enough for returning campers! – this session takes participants through the steps of fashioning a tote bag and dress or shirt with a sewing machine. Plus, campers craft a necklace, hair accessories, and a brooch.
Toy Design: Ages 7-10
- For this fun and inspiring week of toy design, campers will construct robots that draw, mini-puppet theatres, and collaborate to build an elaborate Rube Goldberg machine, and so much more!
Eco-Fashion: Ages 9-12
- Focussing on environmentally friendly fashion design, campers will experiment with natural dying techniques, create garments from re-purposed textiles, and design accessories incorporting rustic materials.
Monster Mash: Ages 6-8
- Campers create other worldly creatures, learning to stitch and stuff. Plus, participants also design wearables, environments, and packaging inspired by their creations.
DX Street Style: Ages 9-12
- Drawing on the phenomenon of street style photography and blogs, this session allows campers to create their own unique garments and accessories, and generate their own DX Street Style blog inspired by international trendsetters from Tokyo, New York, and Paris.
and lots more
*Please contact the program office or visit its website for further details (schedules, fees, registration, etc) or the latest updates.