LDATD is committed to creating a society in which people with LDs and ADHD (Learning Disabilities, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) are able to achieve the full expression of their intellect and abilities and enabled to contribute in the workplace to their fullest.
Programs - Children & Teens
- Friendship Club - Social Clubs (ages 5-13) at the Head Office (Willowdale)
- Y.E.L.P (Youth Empowerment Leadership Program) (ages 14-17) at the Head Office (Willowdale)
- Youth Group at YMCA Academy (ages 14-17)
Keyboarding for Kids & Assistive Technology
- Keyboarding for Kids North York (ages 7-15) at the Head Office (Willowdale)
- Keyboarding in the Beaches (ages 7-12)
- Keyboarding at Junior Academy (ages 7-13)
- Keyboarding for Kids Etobicoke (ages 7-13)
- Assistive Technology Training (ages 8-17), covering
- Kurzweil 3000: Text to speech software
- Read and Write Gold: Literacy support software
Smart Kidz Tutoring
- Smart Kidz Tutoring North York: Kindergarten to Grade 7, and Grades 8-12; at the Head Office (Willowdale)
- Smart Kidz Tutoring Etobicoke: Kindergarten to Grade 7, and Grades 8-12
- Smart Kidz Tutoring Scarborough: Kindergarten to Grade 7, and Grades 8-12
- Mindfulness for Kids (ages 8-12) at the Head Office (Willowdale)
- Mindfulness for Youth (ages 12-15) at the Head Office (Willowdale)
- JUMP 2 SUCCESS - Basketball Program - Advance Social & Life Skills through Sport (ages 14-17)
- Creative Arts for Kinder Kids (ages 4-6) at the Head Office (Willowdale)
- S.T.Y.L.E. (Skills Training for Youth Through Learning and Education) Program
- Local Programming- Students will be supported in their academic subjects.They will also be giving the opportunity to participate in Arts and Cultural activities.
- Physical Activity – Students will engage in activity through exploring different types of recreation options.
- Personal health and wellness – Social skills training and LD specific life skills coaching including communication, problem solving, time management, organizational skills and interpersonal relationships.
- Health and Nutrition – Making healthy food choices, menu planning and learning to prepare healthy snacks.
Presently available within the following Toronto high schools
Dr Norman Bethune C.I
Northview Height S.S
CW Jefferys C.I
St. Basil, The Great, College
Madonna Catholic S.S
James Cardinal McGuigan Catholic H.S
Birchmount Park CI
- March Break Keyboarding Camp North York (ages 7-13) at the Head Office (Willowdale)
- March Break Keyboarding Camp Etobicoke (ages 7-13)
- Summer Keyboarding Camp for Kids (ages 7-13) at the Head Office (Willowdale)
- Social Skills Summer Camp (ages 7-13), location TBD
*Please contact LDATD or check its web site for further details (schedules, fees, registration, etc) or the latest updates.